GPSTrack Questions & Answers
Click on the question to display or close the answer. If you have new questions about GPSTrack, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We are happy to help you.
Q1: What is GPSTrack?
- A1. GPSTrack is a state of the art GPS passive and real time tracking system for fleet management or tracking personal assets. It supports different GPS tracking devices available from the market. It offers powerful fleet tracking and management, as well as reports and productivity enhancement tools.
GPSTrack (Passive) gives you the power of GPS tracking technology at down to earth prices. Whether a corporate or small business, you can take advantage of the benefits of advanced satellite vehicle tracking technology and gain control of your most valuable assets - vehicles and drivers. It answers the question: where have my vehicles or drivers been?
GPSTrack (Real Time) will not only answer the question: where have my vehicles and drivers been, but also the question: where are my vehicles and drivers now.
Q2. What problems does GPSTrack solve?
- A2. For business it solves the administrative complexity and high cost of controlling vehicles and drivers or mobile workers.
- Inefficiency of complicated daily work route planning and fleet dispatching.
- The uncertainty of what is happening in the field in terms of driver and vehicle productivity and utilization.
- Vehicle abuse resulting from bad driving habits which can lead to high vehicle maintenance costs and accidents.
- Unscheduled routes and deliveries which can cause unnecessary mileage, time wastage and increase the risk of vehicle theft.
- Unauthorized usage of the vehicle for private purposes and moonlighting by employees
These are issues which, if not monitored and controlled can result in substantial increases in your operating costs. GPSTrack helps you:
- track current location of your mobile workers.
- track historical trips for possible business improvement.
- determine what your drivers or mobile workers are doing in the field.
- monitor your drivers' bad driving habits which can lead to high vehicle maintenance costs and accidents.
- collect detailed trip information for business efficiency analysis and improvement.
The main goal is to help you track and manage your mobile workers efficiently. So you can increase productivity and reduce operating cost.
Q3: What questions will GPSTrack answer for my business?
- How much time are my drivers spending at customer sites?
- Are my drivers speeding and where?
- How long and how far are my vehicles traveling - i.e. Am I making full use of expensive assets?
- Are my drivers or workers arriving on time for their deliveries?
- What time are my drivers starting work and what time are they completing their shifts?
- How many minutes of pre and post trip time is there?
- Are my drivers arriving on time for their deliveries?
- Are my drivers running on time throughout their scheduled routes?
In Passive Tracking Mode:
- How much time are my drivers spending at customer sites or some where else?
- How many minutes of pre and post trip time is there?
- Are my drivers making unauthorized stops?
In Real Time Tracking Mode:
- Where are my drivers or mobile workers now?
- How can I find and dispatch a closed vehicle to a given address or location quickly?
- Are my drivers following the scheduled routes now?
Q4: Who will benefit from the GPSTrack system?
- A4. GPSTrack system can be used to monitor and manage any vehicle fleet. Some examples:
- Snow ploughing
- Waste Management
Q5: How does GPSTrack work?
- A5. GPSTrack system consists of two parts: GPS tracking devices (hardware) and GPSTrack software.
For passive tracking, GPSTrack uses low-cost, easy to use and vendor independent GPS data loggers to record trip data such as positions, speeds, moving headings and times derived from GPS. Once the driver finished the trip, the data recorded in the vehicle unit is downloaded into a PC via a utility program. The software allows the user to see the trips taken on a digital map and to generate business events reports etc.
For real time tracking, GPSTrack use GPS trackers to send vehicle positions, speeds, moving headings and times derived from GPS with a predefined time interval to the modem or IP address of an office computer. GPSTrack software installed in the office computer will retrieve the data and display them on the map. GPSTrack can also send messages to the devices. The collected trip data are saved in a database for tracking trip history on a digital map and further business analysis and reports.
Q6: What are the initial investment and ongoing costs to run a GPSTrack system?
- A6. The investment cost of a GPSTrack system includes:
- one time GPSTrack software setup license fee
- one time cost for purchasing the GPS tracking devices
- For passive tracking no monthly fees and extra costs
- For real time tracking, a monthly service fee may apply. The fee depends on your local service provider and service plan. It may range from US$10 to US$50.
Q7: What makes GPSTrack different from any other vehicle tracking system?
- A7. GPSTrack combined GPS passive and real time tracking function. It supports different GPS tracking devices, users have the flexibility to choose their hardware according to their real needs. It is not only a low cost tracking system but also an efficient management system. It allows managers to plan daily delivery route, tracking drivers' performances, estimate operating costs precisely and efficiently. It is easy to set up and operate for your business. And you have all controls on the system.
Q8: Why is GPSTrack defined as a productivity solution for my business?
- A8. GPSTrack will not only help you to clamp down on vehicle abuse and costs but it will also encourage the drivers to enhance their productivity. Fuel usage can be halved in some instances by simply assessing the driver's routes, unnecessary stopping points, idling times and or over-revving. GPSTrack provides the user with:
- Mileage reports
- Driver activity reports
- Stoppages reports
- Missing Data reports
- Trip Summary report
- Trip Details report
- Delivery or customer visit reports
These management tools help you solve the administrative complexity and high cost of controlling mobile workers. By collecting detailed service trip data and effective business analysis and reports, you can enhance your business profit power, reduce operating cost and improve customer service quality significantly.
Q9: What are the differences between GPSTrack (real time) and GPSTrack (passive) system?
- A9. GPSTrack (real time) system actually has both of passive and real time tracking functions. It is a complete fleet tracking and management system. GPSTrack (real time) uses wireless cellular network to collect trip data real time online. So, there is a monthly service charge for the data communication. GPSTrack (passive) uses GPS data logger to record trip data first, then the data will be downloaded into PC for tracking and reporting purposes. You won't have ongoing monthly costs to run the GPSTrack (passive) system. Overall, GPSTrack passive system is low cost, but can only answer the question where my vehicles have been. GPSTrack real time system is more expensive but it answers not only the question where my vehicles and drivers have been, but also the question: where are my vehicles and drivers now.
Q10: Are the prices for GPSTrack (real time) and GPSTrack (passive) different?
- A10. Yes, GPSTrack (real time) includes all passive tracking functions and features, but GPSTrack (passive) don't need the Gateway program for the data communication between the tracking software and the GPS trackers.