| The Genie GT-31 is a wonderfully compact,
business card sized navigator, carefully designed to embody
ergonomic principles. It will comfortably fit in the palm of
your hand, mount on the handlebar of bike or motorcycle, and can
even be worn on your arm. The stylish unit can stand on your
desk as a funky gadget, or, more usefully, can be placed on the
dashboard in your car.
The Genie GT-31 can run for up to 46 hours in power saving mode
with the built-in lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery. It
can be recharged while connected to car cigarette lighter, mains
power outlet, or your PC/Notebook.
A state-of-the-art Thumb Stick allows for simple one-handed
operation. This rugged navigator is waterproof to IPX7
standards, i.e. immersible in the water for 30 minutes at a
depth of 1 meter, and, it floats!
Genie GT-31 is not only developed to handle outdoor activities,
but also to handle various professional uses, such as speed,
hazard area, zone alerts, altitude, or other alerts defined by
the user. To store trip data for longer journeys, there is a SD/MMC
slot for extra data storage capacity. And, it can be used as a
Real-Time GPS Receiver by connecting to your
PC/Notebook. An optional Bluetooth version, named BGT-31 can be
used with Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone or PDA phone.
The Genie GT-31 is a fantastic, multi-functional GPS handheld
Due to its flexible design, this device can be used as:
- a GPS handheld navigator or
- a GPS USB receiver or
- a GPS Bluetooth receiver(BGT-31) or
- a GPS data logger with dual storage (SD memory card + flash
As the successor of the Navi GT-11, the
Genie GT-31 is not only designed to be fully compatible with
GT-11 but also enhanced in its GPS performance. Those GT-11
users can operate this unit and enjoy its high performance
without studying the manual again. What makes this new GPS
handheld unique is that it equips with dual storage, SD and
flash memory for data log. When SD card is used, you only need
to insert the SD card in your card reader to get the logged
data, much quicker than downloading through cables.
| Genie GT-31 can save the tracks and combine with your photos,
then photos can be viewed on "Google Earth".
Using GoogleEarth to Demo
The major features include:
- SiRF Star III low power chip
- Up to 31 hours (backlit off) continuous /
46 hours (backlit off) low power mode operation time
- Built in 10+ languages
- 1000 waypoints, 20 routes and 1 track
- Built in flash memory to store 20,000 GPS data
- Support SD/MMC card to store GPS data
- 10-seconds average speed display
- Support Doppler speed
- Google Earth KML/GPX format support
- Water proof and floatable
- Bluetooth SPP (BGT-31 only)
- GT-31/BGT-31 GPS unit
- Car charger
- AC charger
- USB interface cable
- Installation CD
Compatible/Suggested SD cards
GT-31 provides power of 2.8VDC.
The following cards have been tested to work with GT-31:
- SanDisk 2G
- Transcend 1G
- Kingstone 2G
- PNY 2G
- PQI 2G
- Apacer 2G 60X
Compatible/Suggested SD card to go with Locosys GT-31/BGT-31 or SD cards (<=2GB) with 2.8VDC(3.3VDC~2.7VDC) power input should work.
- Arm Band/Strap - The arm strap for the GT-31 and BGT-31 is a handy accessory when you are running, walking, cycling, mapping the world, swimming or windsurfing, amongst other things!
- Bike Mounting Kit - A handy accessory for mounting GT-31/BGT31 on your bike.
- Simple GPS Log Data View Software - GPSDataView - With this software, you can easily dump the GPS data including date, time, latitude, longitude, elevation, speed, heading into Excel Spreadsheet for your further analysis or application. If you have installed Microsoft MapPoint or Google Earth software (free download), you can view or track the trip on the MapPoint map or Google Earth for stop, speeding and normal driving points easily too.
- Fleet Tracking and Management Software - GPSTrack or GEGPSTrack : With a combination of BGT-11 and
GPSTrack (Passive) or
GEGPSTrack (Passive), you can:
- Plan and schedule daily work routes by optimizing customer visits and stops for each vehicle and driver (GPSTrack only)
- keep tracking your vehicle and driver's performance on road to increase productivity and reduce operating cost.
- protect your investment, enhance your business power and benefit by monitoring customer visits, deliveries, stops and driver's adherence to your planned daily work routes .