GNSS-101 GNSS Signal Repeater is designed to receive outdoor GNSS satellite signals and then re-radiate them into indoor workplace or covered space where the satellite signals cannot reach directly for testing GNSS products indoor to lower the outdoor test costs, or keeping a GNSS device’s positioning function running all time to avoid the so-called cold start time delay issue for quick emergency action services.
How It Works
- The Signal Repeater receives GNSS satellite signal through the connected Outside Antenna
- The Signal Repeater forwards the received signal to the inside antenna for retransmitting after necessary signal processing such as amplification and filtering etc.
- The Inside Antenna retransmit the signal to the target indoor area.
- Compact size/low cost/high performance
- Low power consumption
- Easy to install and operate
- High signal stability and strong anti-interference
- Re-transmitting range > 10m
- Optional to add GLONNAS and BD signals
GNSS-101 is ideal indoor GNSS (GPS/BD/GLONASS) signal coverage solutions for
- Fire Stations
- Police Stations
- GNSS Labs
- GNSS Workshops
- GNSS Retail Stores
- GNSS Production Line
- GNSS mobile phone production line
- GNSS Repair Service
- GNSS Signal Reception in Underground Garage such as Tunnels and Mines etc.
- Locate and mount the outdoor (receiving) antenna on the roof of building horizontally with the best visibility of the sky. Make sure that the antenna is installed vertical upward.
- Fix the outdoor connection cable RG8 along the out wall. Connect one terminator to outdoor antenna and another terminator to the lightning protector. The cable length is customizable from 10m to 100m. In some special environment, you may select PE or PVC plastic pipe to protect the cable assembly.
- Place the GNSS-101 at a safe place and connect the lightning protector to the GNSS-101 signal repeater.
- Connect the ground wire of the lightning protector to the ground.
- Fix the indoor cable 3DFB along the ceiling of the operating room and mount the transmitting antenna on the ceiling or crossbeam above the center of the testing bench or workplace.
- Connect the indoor (transmitting) antenna to the GNSS-101 signal repeater with the 3DFB cable. For a better performance, a shorter indoor cable (<10m) is recommended. If you need a longer indoor cable, a signal amplifier is recommended to extend the cable.
- Power on the GNSS-101 signal repeater by plugging the AC (115V ~ 240V) to DC 12V adapter. The system is ready for work.
Note: The inside transmitting antenna has to be located/mounted inside the building with adequate isolation from the outdoor (outside) antenna to avoid interference.