The new Class B AIS from Seapilot
Seapilot is proud to present its new AIS Class B transceivers, based upon the proven
designs of its parent company who pioneered AIS; True Heading. The new Seapilot
CTRX Graphene Series comes in four versions; with or without WiFi and with or with-
out a built in VHF Antenna splitter. The Graphene+ models with built in splitters, allow
the installer to share the existing VHF Radio antenna between AIS and radio. All
versions meet or exceed specifications with the international AIS Class B standard.
The units are European made and thanks to high quality components and years of
know how, the enclosures are built to survive all environments and the transmission
and reception range are the best in the business! Both the CTRX Graphene and the
CTRX Graphene+ are easy to install, come with self-diagnostics to tell you if there is
a problem and interface easily with all chart plotters and PC or tablet based navigation
devices. In the case of Tablets and Smart Phones, the optional WiFi capability make
wireless interfacing simple and convenient
Physical Dimensions: 7.48” x 5.31” x 3.54”, 190 x 135 x 90 (mm)
Weight: 0.8 kg (17,64 lb)
LED Indicators: 6
Operating Temperature: -15°C to + 55°C (5°F to 131°F)
Power supply range: 12 to 24 VDC
Power Consumpt.: 150mA@12VDC,<2W average
Connectors.: VHF Antenna (BNC), GPS Antenna (TNC), Power/Data (multi pin connector), Mini USB (voltage protected), NMEA 2000, VHF Radio (UHF)
*Please note VHF antenna is only present with the Graphene+ VHF model. Refer to the details of each model at the bottom of the page.
GPS Reciever (AIS Internal):
Channels: 50 (SBAS support)
Position accuracy: <3 meters CEP (GPS) , <2 meters CEP (DGPS)
The WiFi- AIS CTRX Graphene requires, according to the AIS Class B strandard, both a VHF and a GPS antenna.
Two Versions of the SEAPILOT AIS:
The Seapilot WiFi-AIS comes in two versions; the WiFi-AIS CTRX Graphene and the WiFi-AIS CTRX Graphene+.The CTRX Graphene+ version has a built in VHF antenna splitter that makes it possible to use 1 x xVHF antenna to the VHF radio and AIS unit.
Transmit and Receive
The Seapilot Class B WiFi-AIS units both trasmitt and receive AIS information. They can receive all AIS information available e.g. AIS Class A, AIs Class B, AIS AtoN, AIS SART, AIS weather information, etc.
The SEAPILOT WiFi-AIS units can, with a simple push of a button, be made “silent”. This means that the unit will stop sending AIS data, but will still be able to receive AIS data from other AIS transponders.
Easy to Install
The Wifi-AIS SEAPILOT units are very easy to install, just connect;
• 12-24 VDC
• VHF antenna
• Active 5VDC GPS antenna.
In order to be able to see other AIS sending vessels, connect your Wifi-AIS units to:
• A plotter, radar and/or PC navigation software via NMEA0183, NMEA2000 and/or USB.
• And/or a tablet via the optional built in WiFI module.
Seapilot WiFi-AIS CTRX Graphene Includes:
- 1 x AIS transponder Seapilot CTRX Graphene WiFi
- Built in WiFi module for wireless transmission of AIS and GPS information
- 1 x GPS antenna (2J)with 5m cable with connectors
- Two channel receiver for both AIS frequencies
- 1 x BNC to UHF adapter (for VHF antenna)
- Fully complies with the International AIS Class B standard
- 1 x Power/Data cable
- Silent button for "stealth" mode
- 1 x USB cable (mini USB)
- Connection to third party unit via NMEA2000 or NMEA0183
- 1 x CD w/manual and installation software
- Waterproof, voltage protected USB connection.
- GPS antenna with 5m cable is included (separate box)
- Seapilot App download coupon included